It's my first open source project that I have gotten as far as a public release :-)
I've been staying up until four (or even nine) the recent weeks and weekends working on it, but it's been mostly fun hacking. I automated as much as possible of the release process also, so it should be much less work for the next release. I'm doing cool stuff like autogenerating the changelog from the google code issue database (I'll post the python code in a later post), and injecting the release version and build number into property files baked into the application jar.
For the next release (which I hope to finish in a month, just in time for xmas) I'll have to refactor the rendering system and include undo history in it (that could be somewhat challenging). I'll also get to add input sliders for brush parameters (that should be fun). I wrote down my ideas for the painting rendering pipeline in some design notes in the Flowpaint wiki.
Posted by zzorn Monday, November 24, 2008 1:27 PM